Friday, February 6, 2009

Super Powers

When asked which superpower I would acquire given the choice, I find myself veering towards teleportation. Of course along with this particular power comes underwater breathing. If I wanted to have a picnic on the Great Barrier Reef, I would be able to do so at the blink of an eye. Teleportation is The Ultimate Superpower because of the many things it has to offer. Being able to leave or join any event of situation is a dream come true. Also, because teleportation is the art of transporting to another place, time travel is quite accessible. Some people would consider flying to be an option for a superpower. For these people I have lost respect. These people have made a joke of all Super Heroes and their profession. It is not their ability to soar through the clouds that makes them Super, it is the other qualities they possess. Superman had his incredible strength and his ability to hurdle 20 story buildings to save the day. Spiderman had his web shooting and spidey-sense which enabled him to be at the right place in the right time. Superpowers are privledges and those who are without them are for a reason, and it will remain this way for the rest of humanity. As it turns out, Super Heroes with teleportation powers were polled and were found to have the highest morality against the just-flyers.

3 comments:

  1. You prove a very good point when you talk about super heros actual superpowers, for example "Superman has his incredible strength and his ability to hurdle 20 story buildings to save the day." It really puts the actual meaning of superpowers and super heros into persepctive. Having a picnic on the Great Barrier Reef sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the fact that you asssumed that underwater breathing is automatically aquired upon being able to teleport. It is interesting that you would chose to have a "picnic on the Great Barrier Reef" instead of saving the world, however, I see where you are coming from as even superheroes need a day off. Good work Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very good imagnation and I can tell that you would love to have these powers, but the one thing that I don't understand is why would underwater breathing come along with teleportation? I love the idea.
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete